Tuesday, May 21, 2013

FW: Foster youth in college - Foster Child Grant deadline July 1st!

 

 


From: Hubbard, Jennifer (DCF)
Sent: Tuesday, May 21, 2013 8:36 AM
To: DSS-DL - CapeAnn Users; DSS-DL - Lynn Users
Subject: Foster youth in college - Foster Child Grant deadline July 1st!
Importance: High

 

Hello everyone,

If you have a foster youth attending post-secondary (college or vocational) education, and they aged out (or will soon) of C&P custody (regardless of signing a voluntary),

please have them fill out the attached foster child grant form.  I have cut and pasted the criteria below.  Deadline is July 1st so please have

them complete and return to the address at the bottom of the form as soon as possible.  This grant could be worth thousands of dollars for

these youth (depending on need).  If you have any questions please let me know.

Take care,

Jen

 

I am a full time student.

 

I have filed a 2013-2014 Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA). It is mandatory to have filed a FAFSA in order

to receive this Grant. (The FAFSA website is www.fafsa.ed.gov)

 

I have verified with DCF that I was in the custody of DCF through a Care and Protection Petition.

 

I was in the custody of DCF until my 18th birthday. (Youth who turned 18 in the custody of DCF may have remained in care

past their 18th birthday as a voluntary consumer or may have had their case closed.) I am under age 25 years old.

 

I am currently a permanent resident of the Commonwealth of Massachusetts. The FAFSA that I filed reflects a

Massachusetts address.

 

I agree to participate in any voluntary educational support service offered to me by the Department of Children and Families.

 

I give permission to the Department of Children and Families to discuss my financial status and academic progress with the

above mentioned school.

 

Jennifer Hubbard

Adolescent Outreach Worker

Cape Ann/Lynn DCF

978-825-3918

 

This message (including any attachments) contains confidential information intended for a specific individual and purpose, and is protected by law. If you are not the intended recipient you should delete this message. Any disclosure, copying or distribution of this message, or the taking of any action based on it, is strictly prohibited.

 

No comments: